Free flu shots offered in Albuquerque |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
Free flu vaccines offered Saturday, Dec. 8 at the New Mexico Department of Health’s Stanford Public Health Office in Albuquerque.
Walk-ins are welcome, but making an appointment can reduce wait time. Contact the health office at 505-841-4100.
People who are at high risk are encouraged to get the flu vaccines, including people who have no health insurance and the following:
- Children six months through four years of age
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People age 50 and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunosuppressed from medication or disease
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- People who are morbidly obese
- Healthcare personnel
Try to avoid catching the flu and passing it to others by washing hands, cover your mouth and nose when sneezing and by staying home when ill.