Flu vaccines available at Roswell Health Office and clinic | Events
The flu season has arrived and Roswell Health Office is encouraging everyone to get their shots especially those who are at high risk for serious illness or complications from the flu.
The Roswell Public Health Office will be offering the flu vaccine Monday, Oct. 1 at the Eastern New Mexico State Fair in the commercial building from 3 -8 p.m.
The vaccine will also be available at Roswell Health Office from 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m. at 200 East Chisum St.
People encouraged to get the vaccine:
- Children 6 months through four years of age
- Pregnant women (any trimester)
- People age 50 and older
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions like asthma, diabetes, lung or heart disease, and those who are immunosuppressed from medication or disease
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu
- American Indians and Alaskan Natives
- People who are morbidly obese
- Healthcare personnel
Also people at high risk of contracting the flu should consider getting a pneumonia shot if they have never had one.
For additional information on the flu vaccination clinic, call Carol Larez at 575-642-6050